services, information and support to residents of Merton who have a visual
GP Surgeries- Book your
Training – Visual Impairment
Many people have little
or no knowledge of how severe sight loss can impact on daily life.
We provide half day or
full day training courses at the Centre or in-house for professionals,
care staff or volunteers.
The course is designed
to help people;
- Develop an awareness of the challenges
faced by people with a visual impairment.
- Understand what the terms blind, partially
sighted and visually impaired mean.
- Gain knowledge of the different types of
sight loss, and how this will affect what people can see.
- Learn what help people with a visual impairment
- Understand how to make the environment
safer or easier for people with a visual impairment.
- Learn basic guiding skills.
- Discover what help and information is available
for them, and for people with a visual impairment.
We also offer interactive
sessions linked to the National Curriculum for children in primary
020 8540 5446
Merton Voluntary Association for the Blind, Charity
No. 1075388, registered company no 3758661
The Guardian Centre, 67 Clarendon Road, Colliers Wood, SW19 2DX
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone: 020 8540 5446