We are seeking a motivated, collaborative individual to join our team to take responsibility for our social media activities:
- Are you creative?
- Would you like to utilise your social media and communication skills?
- Would you like to gain volunteer training and experience in using and developing your portfolio of transferable skills?
- Do you welcome an opportunity to be part of a voluntary organisation working with and for the visually impaired community?
If the answer is yes you may be just who we’re looking for!
MertonVision is a local charity providing both professional and volunteer services to people with a visual impairment in Merton. We are a successful, highly regarded, sight-loss charity offering much needed support to visually impaired children and adults living in Merton.
We are now in a position to expand and improve our social media platforms to help promote our services and to increase the public face of the organisation.
This role is flexible and can either be home or office based.
- Plan and create engaging social media content
- Ensure our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked-in content is relevant, up-to-date and accessible
- Work with the Service Manager to create and implement our social media strategy
- Be prepared to use your knowledge and skills to increase our online presence through a variety of social media platforms
- Create, upload and manage high quality content across all social media channels
- Provide our social media communities with effective support through these platforms by moderating and responding to comments and feed-back in a timely and professional manner
- Create and deliver high quality engaging, audience focused content based on specific and wider organisational aims and objectives in collaboration with the Service Manager
- Monitor and evaluate content and plans in collaboration with the Service Manager
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring of our online communication platforms and consider new ways of evaluating the impact on our community
- Work with staff and volunteers to initiate an increased online presence within the organisation and wider community
- Work with the Service Manager to ensure our Social Media policy and procedures are kept up-to-date and communicated effectively
- Undertake any relevant training and other duties as required
- Knowledge of social media, digital literacy and IT skills
- Experience of creating interesting and relevant digital content
- Ability to translate information into accessible and appropriate content for social media audiences
- An understanding of the social media community, terminology, trends and arising issues
- Ability to think creatively about specific organisational requirements and develop platforms accordingly
- Experience of working within a voluntary sector organisation or an interest in developing skills in this sector
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to equality of opportunities for all service users, audiences, volunteers and staff
We have many volunteer vacancies within the organisation, if this vacancy doesn’t match your expertise we may have something that does.
If you have any questions please just ask email@example.com Tel: 020 8540 5446