A Volunteer Accessible IT Manager Required
MertonVision (MV) (Merton Voluntary Association for the Blind)
This is us: MertonVision was formed in 1965 with the purpose to deliver the highest possible quality services to the blind and partially sighted within Merton. Our enduring goal is to support and empower the visually impaired all the way from their diagnosis through the entire rehabilitative process.
We are always looking for passionate volunteers and team members to help us deliver the very best support and we recognise the role that everyone plays. Together, we make our community stronger.
We are looking for a bright experienced accessible IT trained volunteer with management experience. As our Accessible IT volunteer manager you will be our dynamic IT guru! You will help to keep our members updated with the latest accessible technology through home and office based support. In addition, you will play a fundamental role in helping to organise, motivate and assist our fantastic team of accessible IT volunteers. You will work beside our Volunteer Co-ordinator to help recruit further IT volunteers. You will look after approximately 5 volunteers who will be a combination of remote and mobile workers. Your time investment would ideally be a minimum of a flexible 5 hours a week though this to be discussed. Ultimately you will be central in creating a positive volunteering experience.
- Informing clients about all the latest accessible technology available to them
- Demonstrating, assisting clients in uploading and accessing this technology on their devices
- Helping with recruitment and scheduling of our IT volunteers
- Overseeing the volunteers’ project assignments
- Helping to maintain a high level of accessible Technology information
- Ensuring that all volunteers have appropriate training
- Assisting volunteers with first line support and guidance in their day-to-day roles
- Some travel may be required within the borough to visit home-bound clients