Volunteer Role: Practical Support Volunteer, 1-3 hours per week
Merton Vision relies heavily on the support of volunteers to assist in its fight to tackle loneliness and isolation amongst blind and partially sighted residents in Merton. Our dedicated Practical Support Volunteers ensure that some of our most vulnerable clients who may suffer loneliness or are at risk of becoming socially isolated have someone to keep a check on them and enjoy having the social interaction on a regular basis. Many of our clients look forward to receiving these regular visits from our Volunteers and they often feed back to us how the visits make a huge impact in helping uplift their spirits.
Many of our blind and partially sighted clients are homebound and your practical support at a time and a place appropriate for that individual could make an enormous difference not just to their mental but also their physical wellbeing. Practical Support Volunteers support Merton based clients on a weekly or fortnightly basis to offer companionship, to support with their shopping, maintain their garden, read the post, or occasionally drive them to a place of interest.
• No qualifications needed
• Compassionate, patient, caring, non-judgmental, and able to put others at ease
• Happy to start the conversation or provide a listening ear
• Offer a warm welcome to people from various backgrounds and communities
• Open communication with the volunteering services manager
• Follow our policies and procedures, attend relevant training sessions, and maintain appropriate boundaries
• Sense of achievement and fulfilment
• Apply or develop your existing skills and experiences
• Connect with others and enjoy our volunteer social activities
• Support the local community of Merton
• Enhance your CV or UCAS application
• Enjoy the feeling of making a difference to someone’s life
• Be a part of something special
• Through volunteering increase the chances of employment if desired
Regular communication with volunteering service manager who will deal with any queries and concerns.
You will have the information, training, and resources you need to conduct your volunteer role.
This role is open to anyone aged 18 years old and over.
We will reimburse you for reasonable out-of-pocket travel expenses.
Due to the nature of these roles 2 satisfactory references and DBS Disclosure are required.
To apply, please contact us on: email@example.com 020 8540 5446
Merton Vision at the Wilson Hospital, Cranmer Road, Mitcham, CR4 4TP