Bright Accessible IT trained volunteers required
Organisation: MertonVision (Merton Voluntary Association for the Blind)
This is us: we are a sight loss charity formed in 1965. We are based in Colliers Wood SW19 2DX and our purpose is to deliver the highest possible quality services to the blind and partially sighted within Merton. Our enduring goal is to support and empower the visually impaired.
We are looking for wonderful volunteers to help provide Accessible IT support to our VI members.
We need passionate volunteers to help us deliver the very best support, together we make our community stronger. You will receive comprehensive accessible IT training on Magnification and screen reading software.
To provide Accessible IT support and training. This role is vital in helping to update our members on the latest technology available to them and thereby increasing their ability to communicate online and to develop their independence.
You will be providing Digital and PC support in members’ homes and in our specialist IT Suite. Time investment would be ideally 1-2 hours flexible over a week, times and days to be agreed.
You will need:
- To be familiar with digital smart devices and PC Office Software
- The ability to communicate coherently
- To be able to support our members either at the Centre or in their home
- The ability to evaluate an individual’s accessibility needs and capabilities
- Create an individual action plan from basic touch typing familiarization and navigational skills using specialist software such as Windows and Apple Magnification, Guide, Zoomtext and Apple Voice over, NVDA and Jaws screen readers
- Provide support on accessible Apps
- Provide appropriate training to suit member’s needs
- Report to IT Manager