We have volunteers available to help you complete any of the forms below


Benefits available

Freedom Pass

The Freedom Pass gives free travel on most public transport in London at any time and is funded by Merton Council.

Contact the Disabled Freedom Pass Administrator on 020 8274 4990.

Children’s Freedom Pass Administrator on 020 8545 4200

Taxi Card

Merton Council subsidise taxi costs:

Children can obtain these cards.

Contact Taxi Card Scheme on 0845 4154156.

TV Licence

Reduction of 50% on the Television Licence fee.

This applies to a registered severely sight Impaired person or child  who lives in the household.

Contact TV Licence helpline on: 0300 790 6071.

Parking Concessions: The Blue Badge Scheme

This is administered by the Local Authority can be used in any vehicle the visually impaired person is travelling in.

Contact Merton concessionary travel on 020 8274 4990 .

Free postage on Items marked Articles for the Blind

This includes:

Large print items Books, papers and letters minimum 16 point Font, Braille items, Computer discs, Cassettes which have been specially prepared for people who are blind or partially sighted.


You May also be entitled to:

Free Loan of Wireless for the Blind fund Radio, MP3/cassette player for adults and children over 12 who are registered partially sighted or severely sight impaired.

Help with telephone installation charges and line rental. Contact Social Service Local Authority to see if you qualify.


You are entitled to free NHS sight tests if you are registered partially sighted or severely sight impaired.

You may get a vouchour towards the costs of complex glasses, other costs may be met if family are on a low income.

Discounted Rail Travel

Disabled Person’s Railcard gives approx. one third off national rail travel for cardholder and accompanying adult.

Discount can be obtained on single journeys without the DPR if proof is provided at time of purchasing tickets.

Exemption from BT Directory Enquiries

Contact BT 195 for further info. You may also receive these discounts if your supplier is not BT.

Council Tax Reductions

You may be eligible for council tax reduction if you have a room set aside for specific disability reasons. Such as; Computer room or other equipment for communication needs

Personal Tax allowance

If you are working you may be entitled to Blind person’s Tax allowance if registered severely sight impaired or if you are not working you may pass this to your partner.