Volunteer Role: Lunch club helper
MertonVision is looking for committed and social volunteers to support our weekly lunch club for our blind and partially sighted clients. In this social gathering, our clients enjoy a prepared meal in the company of like-minded people, and we encourage social interaction with the client group in our mission to combat loneliness and isolation.
To be shared by all volunteers, role involves some or all the following depending upon preference and need:
• Prepare the venue – for example, putting out and setting tables and chairs
• Provide a friendly atmosphere for people to meet and enjoy lunch in each other’s company
• Ensure a register is taken and collect payments
• Meet and greet clients assisting them to their places
• Serve meals and refreshments
• Cut food into portions and pour drinks
• Ensure the room is safe and hygiene regulations are observed
• Clear tables and put away tables, etc.
• Report any concerns
• Washing up and putting away dishes and cutlery
• Excellent people skills
• Compassionate, patient, caring, non-judgmental, and able to put others at ease
• Follow our policies and procedures, attend relevant training sessions, and maintain appropriate boundaries
• Flexible, dependable, and punctual
• Able to provide non-judgmental support
• Work well within a team
• Honesty and reliability
• Ability to work within health & safety and food hygiene guidelines
• Pleasant & enthusiastic manner
• Empathy for people in socially isolated positions.
• Ability to be at ease with people with memory difficulties
• Sense of achievement and fulfilment
• Apply or develop your existing skills and experiences
• Connect with others and enjoy our volunteer social activities
• Support the local community of Merton
• Enhance your CV or UCAS application
• Enjoy the feeling of making a difference to someone’s life
• Be a part of something special
• Through volunteering increase the chances of employment if desired
• Enjoy healthy food in the company of others!
Regular communication with volunteering service manager who will deal with any queries and concerns.
You will have the information, training, and resources you need to conduct your volunteer role.
This role is open to anyone aged 18 years old or over.
Expenses: Reasonable volunteer travel expenses will be reimbursed.
References: Due to the nature of this role two satisfactory references are required.
To apply contact us on: 020 8540 5446 or email@example.com
Commitment: 2 to 3 hours per week